CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 BATTLE OF THE BOOKS WINNERS!
This year’s champions are the Bronxville Bosses, representing the Bronxville Public Library, in the Children’s Division, and The Peekskill Glows, representing The Field Library (Peekskill) in the Teen Division.
This page is for the Coaches of the Battle, Click to go to our public website!
2017 Meetings & Important Dates:
- Thursday, November 2, 2017
- 2017 Battle of the Books Recap Meeting
- White Plains Public Library – 10 am
What is Battle of the Books?
Battle of the Books is a book-based trivia tournament for Westchester youth grades 4-10.
What does a Team Coach do?The goal of the program is to promote a love of reading in kids and teens, to expose them to titles and authors that they might not encounter otherwise, to encourage them to think of their local public library as a resource for entertainment and to inspire teamwork and good sportsmanship in an atmosphere of friendly competition.
Manage your library’s BOB team(s) by: recruiting team members, having team members read BOB selected books, running BOB book-based trivia practice sessions, practice sessions with buzzer systems (borrowed from WLS). Team coaches are also encouraged to help on sub-committees, suggest books for BOB, and read and submit questions for the BOB event.
Contact Us: Want to know more? Click to go to our public website!
- President – Suzy Zavarella
- Vice President – Kathlyn Carroll
- Treasurer – Pat Brigham
- Secretary – Augusta Turner
- Chairs of Rules Sub-Committee:
Amy Kaplan & Debbie Fletcher
- Chairs of Volunteer Sub-Committee:
Liz Anastasi & Elise Landesberg
- Chairs of Communication and Outreach Sub-Committee:
- Chairs of Fundraising and Donations Sub-Committee :
Kim Larsen & Jonathan Heifetz
- Chairs of Questions Sub-Committee:
Mallory Harlen & Linda Surovich
2017 Meeting Minutes:
- January 19, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- March 1, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- April 6, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- May 4, 2017 Meeting Minutes
2017 Timeline, Rules, Structure, & Sample Questions:
2018 Battle of the Books Information Coming Soon!
For previous years, check out the Battle of the Books Archive.