- Intro presentation
- Comic Book Tools (scroll down in the presentation for the templates)
- How an Archie Comic Book is Made.
More to explore:
- TEDx: Comics belong in the classroom – https://www.ted.com/talks/gene_luen_yang_comics_belong_in_the_classroom
- Pixton Comic Builder – https://www.pixton.com/
- Storyboard That (graphic organizer) – https://www.storyboardthat.com/storyboard-creator
- Make Beliefs Comix (less polished) – https://www.makebeliefscomix.com/Comix/
- Canva (potential for series of programs; can also make posters, cards, etc) – https://www.canva.com/create/comic-strips/
- Strip Generator (basic design like noun project) – http://stripgenerator.com/strip/create/
- EBSCO Article: Five Ideas for Graphic Novel Library Programs – https://www.ebsco.com/blog/article/five-ideas-for-graphic-novel-centered-library-programs (e.g., Book groups and comic cons, Comic book decoupage as a way to make physical comic books without knowing how to draw!)
Items mentioned by participants on 4/10:
- Free Comic Book Day
- Manga chapters: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump
- https://www.nypl.org/library-card (anyone i NYS can get a NYPL card)
- Recommended – Scott McCloud’s books: Understanding Comics, Reinventing Comics, and Making Comics.
- AND be sure you are familiar with westchesterlibraries.org and access to Hoopla and Comics Plus!