READsquared - Available now, no need to wait!
The READsquared web tool is available for free to all NYS public libraries. (Through December 31, 2022)
- Direct link to the sign up form
- Your library’s customized READsquared site will be configured within 48-72 hours.
- You will receive an email from support@READsquared.com with administrative access information.
Activation of the mobile app costs a one-time $100 fee.
For Technical Support:
- Email email@example.com
- Someone from the support team will work with you by email, by phone, or by video conferencing; whatever you need for the problem you have!
For general READsquared/Summer Reading questions:
- Sharon Phillips, Library Development Specialist, Youth Services, New York State Library
You can have a separate module for your children, teen, and adult programs. Changes can be made to individual programs; if your changes are taking hold across the board please check the administrator panel or contact READsquared support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upon signing up for READsquared, your library will be provided with log-in credentials for a top-level administrator account.
Once you have logged into the admin side of READsquared, you can go into the administrator panel to add unique logins and permissions for individual staff.
- CSLP – Summer Reading Program Manual
- 2020 CSLP Catalog
- Future Summer Reading Themes and Slogans
- Summer Reading Resources
- Summer Reading Quick Facts
Get a jump start on Summer Reading 2020
You can already activate and use READsquared
- Click here for the
Need READsquared support?
For technical issues: email@example.com
For other questions: Sharon Phillips, Sharon.Phillips@nysed.gov, 518-486-4863
CSLP Summer Reading Program Manual
The CSLP Manual is ready for download! Steps to access the manual are listed below.
- Log into to the CSLP website: https://cslpreads.org. If you do not have a login, please create an account by registering on the site.
- Once you are logged into the website, go to Manual Downloads (in the top menu).
- One time only, you will obtain the online manual code for your building. Click on OBTAIN ON-LINE MANUAL CODE.
- Select your state.
- Complete the request form with your first and last name, e-mail address and library name.
- SUBMIT the form to get your Online Access Code (happens right away). You can share this code among staff at your location.
- From this point forward, return to Manual Download and select the Online Manual for the program.
If you lose your manual code, please contact CSLP at 1-866-657-8556 or 1-833-225-8661.
View the video to show you helpful tips on how to download and print the manual, extract specific images and search by topic or section!
2020 Collaborative Summer Library Program Catalog: Imagine Your Story
Encourage readers of all ages with themed incentives & decor. The 2020 Collaborative Summer Program Catalog has everything you’ll need to have a “Stellar Summer Program” for the new year!” Click here to view the scanned copy. Create a log in account for access to more valuable materials/ideas and samples. Place your order by December 1 for delivery by March 1. Place your order by January 1 for delivery by April 1. Place your order by March 1 for delivery by May 1. After March 1, call for estimated ship dates.
Future Summer Reading Themes and Slogans
- 2020: Theme – Fairy Tales, Fantasy, Mythology ; Slogan: Imagine Your Story
- 2021: Theme – Animals; Slogan – Tails and Tales
- 2022: Theme- Change the World; Slogan – All Together Now
Summer Reading Resources
- New York State Summer Reading Program Resources
- Summer Reading at New York Libraries
- Summer Reading AND Summer Eating – a great combination! Want to know about offering Summer Meals concurrent with your Summer Reading Program? Click here.
- Kate DiCamillo’s Illuminated Adventures of the Amazing Incandesto! and her flyer Top 10 Reasons to read this summer” is available for download. (You need to login and go to the proiprirtary resources page to download the comic.) Kate DiCamillo is the 20015-16 CSLP Summer Reading Champion and a Newberry Award-winning author.
- Easy Ways to Grow a Great Reader Summer Reading Printout (English & Spanish