Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – What to do. Where to learn more.
Free, authoritative, current resources
Hotline phone numbers
NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Line, call (844) 863-9314.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline, call (800) 273-8255.
People under self-quarantine or exposure to known case, call (866) 588-0195
Question about testing – NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline, call (888) 364-3065.
Westchester County COVID-19 Information, call 211
Westchester Eviction Prevention Hotline – Legal Services of Hudson Valley
Call (914) 468-2175
Are you having trouble paying your rent? Is your Landlord hassling you? Concerned about your rights as a tenant? Worried about your housing? Are you being evicted?
Westchester County Crisis Prevention and Response Team, call (914) 925-5959.
Westchester County Emergency Operations Center, call (914) 864-5450.
What is COVID?
- Westchester County Department of Health
- COVID-19 Westchester County Health Information & Community Resources (New York Medical College)
- Westchester Pandemic Older Adult Community Resource Guide (Center for Aging in Place, includes large print version)
- Bee Line bus services resume June 15. See schedule changes here.
- Up-to-date case counts via Westchester County website
- Up-to-date case counts via Westchester County Facebook page
- Look for County Executive George Latimer’s Monday and Thursday COVID updates on Facebook and local media
- New York State Department of Health: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Includes information on P.A.U.S.E.)
- NYS Statistics and Trends
Can't pay rent?
HelloLandlord can help you write a letter to your landlord, based on your rights under the CARES Act.
Also see this presentation by Legal Services of Hudson Valley on the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019.
Recursos en español
- Explicación en lenguaje sencillo de COVID-19
- Información del departamento de salud de Westchester
- El directorio de traducción sólo en español, con nuevo material investigado únicamente en beneficio de los miembros de la comunidad de habla hispana (Centro para el envejecimiento en el lugar)
- Información de Los Centros para el Control y la Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC)
- Información de la Organización Mundial de la Salud
- COVID-19 Recursos Para Adultos Mayores y sus Cuidadores (National Council on Aging)
If you are called with an offer for a kit – hang up.
It is a scam. There are also a number of phishing emails (i.e., attempts to steal your password) purporting to offer information on COVID-19 from authoritative sources. Don’t click on the embedded links or attachments.
Learn more at the NYS Attorney General website.
What you can do now
Be informed. Review the resources linked above.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that you frequently touch
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Then throw away the tissue and wash your hands.
- Staying home when sick
Seriously. Wash your hands. Watch the video from the CDC on hand-washing how-tos and listen to this catchy hand washing tune from Vietnam if you need inspiration.
Hidden Elementor Note: the following HTML element sets the default state for all accordions to “closed”. If you remove this code then the first item of each accordion will be open by default. (KH 10/26/20)