Resources for Westchester Residents with Low or Declining Vision
What is WLS VisionLabs?
Connect with Westchester County services
- Learn about home services, training programs, and other benefits available to you.
- Learn about how you can receive free audio books by mail through the Talking Books and Braille Library.
Reading for a lifetime from your home
- Learn how to access ebooks and audiobooks with your library card.
- Learn about technologies and workarounds to remain independent at home.
Reading for a lifetime at the library (coming 2021)
- Learn to use handheld and desktop magnifiers to enlarge printed text, and handwriting. Color control and text-to-speech technology will allow you to more easily read personal items and library items.
- Learn to use magnifying software on a library computer.
Check out past workshops!
8/17 - NYS Commission for the Blind and VISIONS
Services for Westchester residents living with blindness and visual impairment.
6/18 - NYS Talking Book and Braille Library
Receive audio and braille books and magazines, and the necessary playback equipment.
Visions Center on Aging
Telephone Classes and Support Groups
Join classes focused on…
- The arts
Join a social support group for…
- Those who are newly experiencing vision loss
And so much more!
For more information on how to participate in telephone classes or to request home delivered meals please leave a message for Diana Cruz at 646-486-4444 ext 215. Please leave your name and number and someone will return your call promptly.
VisionLabs is a project of the Westchester Library System, paid for in part through a grant from the Field Hall Foundation.